Monday, February 15, 2010

Smell My Finger

Part of the reason I started this blog was because I was about to have to go through some strange procedures to deal with my chronic pelvic pain.  The short and much less boring version of the story is that, for the past 3 years, wayyy too many doctors have examined my private areas trying to find the culprit of the pain.  This culminated in December with a surgery that required my legs to be splayed in the air at a weird angle while doctors did things that would be illegal in some southern states, I'm sure.  I have lost any hope of modesty.

The best part of this was the discovery that the humiliating experience didn't do anything.  So, the residents who did the surgery suggested . . . pelvic physical therapy.

As much as those words make you think of a pelvis in leggings and stretching to "Let's Get Physical," it honestly sounds horrifying when described.  My hubby told me to start a blog called "Smell My Finger" to at least make people, and myself, laugh about it.  Believe it or not, the blog title, "Smell My Finger," was taken.

On a good note, I am going to cancel my first scheduled probing because the pain doctor wants to try something first.  That something would be sticking large needles into my groin area in an attempt to do a nerve block.  "Smell My Finger" now seems like a dream come true, eh?

So, this means two more doctors are going to be messing with areas people should never attempt pierce with a long needle.  Probably while I'm immodestly dressed and on so much Valium I start doing line kicks.

At this point, don't you think at least ONE of these doctors should have bought me dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment