Monday, January 24, 2011

"Waiter, there's a face in my steak"

So, I've been having this wonderful new problem that I have "attempted" to ignore.  But tonight it reached the point of slapping me across the face, yelling "HIIIIIIIIII" and then dancing across my dessert.

I might just have become narcoleptic.  Or something to that effect.

I've noticed in the past that, especially on bad pain days or the final day of a medical patch, I become so tired that I must nap if I want to continue on with the day.  My body pretty much shuts down.

It began to sink in that it may have gotten worse this week when I possibly fell asleep at the wheel for a nano second.  Twice.  On the highway.

It gave me the full Monty tonight when, for the second time in less than a week, I fell asleep at dinner with Ryan.  Before you say it, it's not the company, trust me.  Combine low lighting with my new passion for dreaming and LIGHTS OUT!   I can feel it coming on.  Suddenly I strain to keep my watery eyes open, and stop the gargantuan yawns - but as I do everything short of sticking toothpicks in my eyes to stop the eyelid droop, I realize I have no idea what Ryan is saying and instead have this really weird eyes-open dream running through my head.  He should not be surprised the next time we go to dinner and I randomly yell "PEANUT BUTTER WINS!"

Meanwhile, I get 8 hours of sleep on my bad days and (ahem) 15 on the really good ones.

So what gives?  Do I need to start having Ryan take me to only well-lit places (Joy!  McDonald's make the most wonderful Valentine's nuggets - they are actually colored red and pink!)?

I'm going to go to my doctor, but I am spending much of my time trying to figure out what jobs work for people who randomly pass out into slumber.  Any good ideas?

I promise the next post will be makeup and skin care suggestions!  But I need to find a lipstick that won't smear when facedown in a bowl of oatmeal . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment